I am a fourth year Ph.D. candidate at University of Montreal, advised by Yoshua Bengio and Hugo Larochelle. I am a recepient of the IBM PhD Fellowship for 2018.
Before joining University of Montreal, I was a Research Software Engineer at IBM India Research Lab during August,2014 - May,2015. I obtained my MS by Research at Indian Institute of Technology Madras where I was working with Balaraman Ravindran.
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Reinforcement Learning, Lifelong Learning.
I am on the job market for faculty, post-doc, and industry research positions.
Click Here for complete list of publications.
Towards Non-saturating Recurrent Units for Modelling Long-term Dependencies.
Sarath Chandar*, Chinnadhurai Sankar*, Eugene Vorontsov, Samira Ebrahimi Kahou, Yoshua Bengio.
Proceedings of AAAI, 2019.
Edge Replacement Grammars: A Formal Language Approach for Generating Graphs.
Revanth Reddy*, Sarath Chandar*, Balaraman Ravindran.
Proceedings of SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM19), 2019.
The Hanabi Challenge: A New Frontier for AI Research.
Nolan Bard*, Jakob N. Foerster*, Sarath Chandar, Neil Burch, Marc Lanctot, H. Francis Song, Emilio Parisotto, Vincent Dumoulin, Subhodeep Moitra, Edward Hughes, Iain Dunning, Shibl Mourad, Hugo Larochelle, Marc G. Bellemare, Michael Bowling.
In arXiv, 2019.
Lecturer at McGill University.
Teaching assistant at University of Montreal.
Teaching assistant at IIT Madras.
- Fall 2014 : Introduction to Machine Learning.
- Spring 2014 : Probabilistic Reasoning in AI.
- Fall 2013 : Introduction to Machine Learning.
- Spring 2013 : Languages, Machines and Computation.
- Fall 2012 : Computational Engineering.
- Co-organized 2nd Workshop on Lifelong Learning: A Reinforcement Learning Approach at ICML/IJCAI/AAMAS, in 2018, with Daniel Mankowitz, Tom Zahavy, Balaraman Ravindran, and Shie Mannor.
- Co-organized Lifelong Learning: A Reinforcement Learning Approach workshop at International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), in 2017, with Balaraman Ravindran, Daniel Mankowitz, Shie Mannor, Tom Zahavy.
- Co-organized Deep Reinforcement Learning: Frontiers and Challenges workshop at International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), in 2016, with Sridhar Mahadevan, Balaraman Ravindran, Gerald Tesauro.
- NeurIPS (2016, 2017, 2018)
- ICLR (2017, 2018, 2019)
- ICML (2018, 2019)
- COLING (2018)
- Neural Computation
- ACM Transactions on Asian and Low-Resource Language Information Processing